TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center
TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center is a Key Center established to maintain and promote the usage of the “Economic Statistical Data System”.
TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center System include statistics such as: national income, industrial production, trade, finance, price, wage, population, energy, transportation, agriculture, education, daily trading statistics of listed and over-the-counter stocks, financial Data etc. It is one of the largest on-going, daily updated, time-series data systems in Tanzania.
The key objectives of the TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center :
- Capability to store, preserve and access increasingly large volumes of electronic data.
- Capability to support coordinated end-to-end Data ‘workflows’ encompassing the use of both data storage and computational resources, by researchers.
- The protection and preservation of TICGL research data assets.
- Increased potential for re-use and possible future exploitation of TICGL research data assets.
- Opportunities to consolidate TICGL data storage infrastructure. Unified services (single system for all researchers)
- Compliance with increasingly stringent requirements for the management of project (data) outputs by the Researcher.
- We Improve existing methods of conducting research to advance the quality of the data generated by
- Review training materials and procedures bi-annually to determine areas needing improvement or revision.
- Review and disseminate survey methods research on an ongoing basis and incorporate demonstrated best practices into both design and data collection procedures.
- Improve capacity for conducting large data collection efforts by
- Locate additional space for potential expansion of the Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) facility.
- Identify 2-3 academic survey research organizations with whom TICGL could partner on large projects.
- Provide ongoing training and education for all staff to ensure high quality research design, data collection and analysis.
Senior Economist-TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center
Has a great experience with more than 5 years knowledge of Projects Management, Finance and Development Economy, Public health , Strategic Management, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation in to industry insights.
Mr Amran Bhuzohera is academic qualified Development Economist who has a confidence in his ability to deliver clarity, insights and results based Management knowledge.
Mr Amran Bhuzohera holds Master’s Degree in Development Economy and Bachelor Degree in Regional-Economic Development Planning both from the Institute of Rural Development Planning-Tanzania.