TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center
TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center is a Key Center established to maintain and promote the usage of the “Economic Statistical Data System”.
TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center System include statistics such as: national income, industrial production, trade, finance, price, wage, population, energy, transportation, agriculture, education, daily trading statistics of listed and over-the-counter stocks, financial Data etc. It is one of the largest on-going, daily updated, time-series data systems in Tanzania.
The key objectives of the TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center :
- Capability to store, preserve and access increasingly large volumes of electronic data.
- Capability to support coordinated end-to-end Data ‘workflows’ encompassing the use of both data storage and computational resources, by researchers.
- The protection and preservation of TICGL research data assets.
- Increased potential for re-use and possible future exploitation of TICGL research data assets.
- Opportunities to consolidate TICGL data storage infrastructure. Unified services (single system for all researchers)
- Compliance with increasingly stringent requirements for the management of project (data) outputs by the Researcher.
- We Improve existing methods of conducting research to advance the quality of the data generated by
- Review training materials and procedures bi-annually to determine areas needing improvement or revision.
- Review and disseminate survey methods research on an ongoing basis and incorporate demonstrated best practices into both design and data collection procedures.
- Improve capacity for conducting large data collection efforts by
- Locate additional space for potential expansion of the Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) facility.
- Identify 2-3 academic survey research organizations with whom TICGL could partner on large projects.
- Provide ongoing training and education for all staff to ensure high quality research design, data collection and analysis.
Senior Economist-TICGL Economic Research and Data Development Center
Amran Bhuzohera has a great experience with more than 5 years knowledge of managerial and development economy with a consistently skills and techniques in solving complex issues, transforming an ever changing economic environment in to profitable avenues, management skills on decision on pertaining to internal functioning of a business or organization.
He has experience on analysis of micro and macro-economic indicators such as national income, population, project, business and investment cycles and their possible effects to the economy performance.
He is academic qualified Development Economist who has a confidence in his ability to conducts research on industrial markets , develop models to analyze, explain and forecast economic behavior and patterns, advice methods for collection and analysis of data, forecast income and expenditure, interest rates, exchange rates, analysis of factors which determines economic growth.
Amran Bhuzohera is the Head of Planning and Economy at TERFORUM and TICGL Senior Economist.